2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Brooklyn Promenade, Day 2, Part 3

Nikki suggested the Brooklyn Promenade months ago, so we added it to our "must-do" list.  I highly recommend that anyone visiting NYC check it out. 

On our walk from the subway station, we enjoyed the beautiful homes of Brooklyn Heights.










We checked out the Promenade, shot a few pictures and then looked for a place to grab a carryout meal that we could enjoy while watching the sun set on the city.

We walked a couple of blocks and found a place where we could get falafel sandwiches.  However, upon entry into the shop, we found the owner in a heated altercation with a customer.  She tried to get him to physically throw her out of the store.  It was ugly, so we stepped out and went next door for some Italian Ice while we waited for things to settle down.  Upon our return, the customer was gone, but the shop owner was struggling to calm down.  We took our sandwiches and left.


I think the night photography class paid off in some good shots of the Promenade. How do I know?  Well, I tried manual and automatic settings on my camera, and the automatic pictures were not good.    Interestingly, while on the night tour, we mentioned our plan to visit the Promenade.  Our guide confirmed that it was a very good place to take pictures, and we ran into one of the other group members while there.  He was thankful for the tip.




I plan to enter a photograph or two in the state fair this year.  I think one of them will come from these pictures.




You can also see the Statue of Liberty at the Promenade. However, she is far enough away to make getting a photo difficult.

This was the most relaxing part of our trip.  We sat, took tons of pictures and just hung out for a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.