2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Meet Sadie




Julia has wanted a hamster for months. Months!  Julia, however, is easily distracted.  When her birthday arrived, I thought she would be all about the hamster since she did not get one for Christmas.  However, she wanted clothes.  A trip to the pet store for something else reignited her interest.  I tried to convince her that we do not want one of these smelly animals in the house.  Julia saved her own money and with a little help from Andy and me purchased everything necessary to have a hamster.  So, on Independence Day, Sadie got her ticket out of the pet store.  We are still awaiting the habitat we ordered online, so Sadie has a temporary home in an old aquarium.  She seems really sweet and is admittedly cute, but we have a rodent in our house - on purpose - a rodent, people!

Why Sadie?  Julia wanted a male hamster so that she could use a name from Duck Dynasty such as Willie or Commander.  I know the people on Duck Dynasty would be so thrilled to have a rodent named after them.  However, when checking out the hamsters at the pet store, this particular female was sweet and friendly.  The males, not so much.  I pushed for Gertie but suggested several names.  Julia latched onto Sadie since there is a Sadie on Duck Dynasty, so Sadie it is.



So far, Julia is an attentive owner.  She is concerned that Sadie is not drinking and has cleaned up all potty messes immediately.  If only this would last and extend to the house in general. sigh


In other strange Julia news, she wants a American Girl type doll.  Julia has never played with dolls but says she plays with these dolls at her friends' homes and likes them.  Wow! At nine she wants a doll for the first time ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.