We still wanted to see Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall and the Dakota, so we headed back to midtown to see them before leaving.
 |
| First thing we saw off the subway |
 |
| Times Square by day |
 |
| I found it ironic to see the Fox News van in font of the ABC building. |
We tried to find the Ed Sullivan Theater and the Hello Deli, but we were unsuccessful. We might have looked longer if not for the heat and our determination to see the Dakota.
 |
| Rockefeller Center |
 |
| I could not find a way to to get a picture of the full height of the Rockefeller Center building. |
We returned to Times Square to catch the subway. It was here that we asked for directions to the right station from a police officer. We walked a few feet from him and found a man standing there with a huge piece of cardboard around his neck that said, "I just need to get high." Very amusing.
We returned to the subway for our ride back to Central Park. We visited Strawberry Fields again and then walked over to the Dakota.
 |
| the entrance - The little boy and his nanny or mom were waiting for an older sibling to arrive on a bus from a camp. |
 |
| really pretty light fixtures |
 |
| I have read online that some find it morbid to take pictures at the entrance given the fact that John Lennon was killed there. We really didn't see it that way. He lived there, and the building is really a beautiful work of architecture. John Lennon is not the only famous person to have lived there, though Andy is a fan, and we visited it because he lived there. |
We still had one more thing to see, but we needed twilight for it, so we headed back to the apartment for an afternoon break and dinner.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.