2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Staten Island Ferry -July 17, Day 1 Part 2

Another must-see on our list was the Statue of Liberty.  I did not want to miss the historical icon of American culture on my first visit to NYC.  I also researched the charms available from Pandora that reflect and NYC vibe to commemorate our anniversary trip.  My choices were an apple or a Statue of Liberty.  This was to be my only souvenir from the trip, so I wanted to actually see what the charm represented, and the Lady Liberty charm is so much cooler than the apple.

How do you see the most photographed lady ever without breaking the bank?  You take the Staten Island ferry from Manhattan to Staten Island.  It is free, and ferries are just cool.  You have to make sure to be on the right side to see the statue. I overheard one lady asking someone where to see the statue after we got off the ferry.  The confused New Yorker quickly assessed that this unfortunate tourist was on the wrong side of the boat and missed it (oops).  You can always catch it on the return trip.






The Staten Island station has a DQ so we had s'mores blizzards to tie us over until dinner time (skipped lunch).  I note this only because I had not tried this blizzard before, and now I am in trouble because I will certainly indulge in another one or two before the end of summer.  YUMMY!



cool subway station

This was just some cool new building right next to the terminal for the ferry on Staten Island.

getting the hang of the subways

This concludes part 2 of day 1


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.