2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Thursday, June 4, 2009

fleeting!

Today is Julia's fifth birthday. She is the baby of the family, and these years with little ones are fleeting. As I did on Savannah's birthday, I offer a look back at our years with Julia.

This was the first picture we ever saw of Julia, and there is quite a story behind my first look at this, but you will have to tune in on June 7th for those details.
We left for China on June 4th, 2005 (Julia's 1st birthday). While there, we celebrated with our group several days later. Andy had quite a time eating dinner with Julia grabbing everything on the table and insisting on being on his lap. She was and is a daddy's girl. He got a big hug from her when he returned from a business trip today.
This is Julia on her second birthday. We brought these silks back from China for a professional portrait and then we couldn't find them. One of our bags was returned to us with a busted zipper, so we thought they were just gone. We found the silk gown long after the picture was taken, and to this day, I am disappointed that she was not wearing these silks in the picture.


Julia's third birthday. This was her "Dora" phase. She loved everything Dora, but she did not watch the show.



We celebrated Julia's fourth birthday several days early with a trip to Chuck E. Cheese's. Once again we left for China on her birthday that year.



This is Julia today. What an adventure we have had over the past four years with this sweet, spunky, and fun little girl! None of us would have missed it for the world.






















As you can see June 4th is a very special day in this household. The first day this date became important on our family calendar was in 2005 when all of us + two grandma's boarded a plane that was the beginning of our trip to China to meet this precious girl. One year ago Andy and I left on June fourth to go to China and meet Wyatt. Today we have friends who left this morning for China to meet their sweet Caroline. Does God care about dates? I do believe he does.
by the way, Julia told me this morning that we can still cuddle, and I can hold her and stuff----good to know that she doesn't expect "5" to be so different.
Happy birthday Julia!

(note: Andy has been out of town all week. He returned today, and we are wiped out. If this post doesn't make sense, I will tweak it later).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.