2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, June 27, 2009

A first!

revisiting this post today (June 28, 2009)
I took the camera to the pool today, and here's the proof! We've been enjoying evenings at the pool. It is such a relaxing way to end the day.



We visited the pool tonight for a short and late swim. For the record, I have been in the pool already this year as it is sooo hot outside, and the pool has almost reached bath water temperature.

Anyhoo, this post is not about me. It is about Julia. Andy told her that if she could swim a set distance, she could go off the diving board. She surprised him when she proved she could do it. So she got to jump off the board today. Julia approached it just as she does much of life. She quickly made her way to the end and jumped right in!! Most kids check out the distance from the board to the water or try to determine just how deep the water is. Not Julia, she just went for it. She swam to the edge of the pool like it was nothing and wanted to do it again, but just before her turn, the guard blew the break whistle, and we had already decided to leave on that break.

2 comments:

  1. that's the spirit julia - JUMP RIGHT IN! you know what sucks? our pool won't allow us to take any pics! i got in trouble for bringing my camera. ;( so love these pool pics of yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.