We arrived home from NYC just after 9:00p.m. on Saturday night. By 2:00 Sunday afternoon, I was on my way to camp with Wyatt and Julia.That was too short a turnaround time for laundry and packing again, so Andy had to make the hour drive to bring items I forgot. I slept in my clothes all week thinking I had forgotten my pjs only to find them in the bottom of my suitcase when we came back home. I have never been a camp counselor before, and I was definitely out of my element.
Camp was an action-packed, fun, crazy, challenging, and exhausting experience. I slept in today (after getting up with a dog at 6:00a.m. and staying up until 7:30a.m.) I did laundry, cleaned a little and napped to recover while grieving the fact that I do not have a full week left of summer before I return to work:(
 |
| Water Wars |
 |
| friends |
 |
| more friends |
 |
| zipline - Julia loves this. I climbed to the top, freaked out and went back down the stairs - probably not the best example for the kids. |
 |
| dance party |
 |
| Wyatt's favorite activity was archery. He was pretty good at it, and I already have information on signing him up for a class in the fall. I wish I could join him. I would never have known this if I had not gone to camp with him. |
 |
| the lake |
 |
| dance party |
 |
| getting ready to head home |
I came home on my anniversary to a clean house and fresh flowers in several places.
I said earlier that I married up. When we returned from NYC, we found nasty water all over the basement floor. We thought our air conditioner was leaking. However, it was a main sewer pipe backing up. Andy cleared the pipe himself and cleaned up the mess. That's my man!!
Lilies are my favorite, and these are gorgeous!
We are finally having a playdate tomorrow. Wyatt's good friend is moving out of state next week, so we are having him over one last time :(
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.