2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, January 9, 2011

p.m. update - prayer points

Mom wants to go home.  When she expressed this to her doctor, he stated that he wants her to be set up with Hospice first since he thinks she needs 24 hour care.  The problem: Hospice does not provide 24 hour care.  They provide a nurse three times a week for a couple of hours.  This frustrates Dad who thinks this is too little bang for big bucks.  So Hospice wants to meet again tomorrow.  Mom does not meet the criteria for inpatient Hospice, but the nurse thinks she can work around that.  This, however, is irrelevant because Mom wants to get home.  I told Dad to contact the insurance company and get some real numbers on in home health care versus Hospice care at home.  We can then go from there. The concern is that everyone able and willing to care for Mom works full time.  I think we can somehow work this out, but I am too tired to think about it now, and I think Hospice wants a decision in the morning.  GRR.

Tiffany and I stayed the night again last night.  Mom was actually up and alert most of the day today.  She feels better, looks better and seems better.

1 comment:

  1. Catching up on my blog reading. I was hoping for better news about your mom. I am keeping you and your family in my prayers. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for you. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.