A friend loves at all times....Proverbs 17:17
Check out this peace lily sent by our sweet friends, the Trans. It arrived at our house yesterday and has to be the most beautiful peace lily arrangement I have ever seen.We had more people than I can count show up for Mom's visitation. Tara's friends, my friends from work, Tessa's friends from work, and my Sunday school class has kept us well fed. Beautiful flower arrangements adorned the funeral home, and very few had gladiolas (Mom hated those). We have been loved on by so many, and I can never say thanks enough.
The minister did a great job with the service. He is a very likable and down to earth kind of guy. Andy spoke. My husband can preach!! One of my friends asked if he missed his calling.
I am exhausted. Sleep does not come easily. Most of the time, I am either at peace or numb. I expect much harder days ahead. I already dread Mother's Day. As for the rest of my family, my sisters are all having a really hard time. My stoic brother Joshua and Dad are harder to read, but I think Dad really struggles. Jonathan seems okay.
As for the kids, Savannah has had the hardest time. Her heart was broken when one of her aunts told her that she will not remember her grandma. Savannah wants so badly to remember, so we bought journals for the girls. We can all record our memories as they come because I firmly believe that you remember what you write. Savannah had several friends visit at the funeral home, and it did her so much good.
We very much appreciate all of the support we have had over the last couple of weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.