Right now I am staying the night with my mom and can't sleep, so I will share this cute story about Wyatt. Mom turned me down every time I asked if she wanted me to stay the night this week. I think that she was, however, glad that Tiffany and I showed up.
Wyatt
With the return to school this week after the break, I think we were all less than thrilled. Even Savannah, who normally loves to return to spending the day among friends in the world of learning, expressed her desire for a longer break. As is typical, Wyatt expressed his dismay most vocally. He announced that he hates all schools except the one that all of our kids except Wyatt attend. Wyatt then told me that he wants to be home schooled. From there our conversation went like this.
me: Wyatt, I have to work. I cannot home school you and work.
Wyatt: You could quit your job (this comes from the kid who told me just several weeks ago that I should be working seven days a week instead of five so that I can buy more Bey Blades).
me: I could quit my job, but you seem to like electricity, water, and eating.
Wyatt: and special stuff too (Can you tell that his love language is gifts?)
me: Yes, Wyatt, and special stuff too.
Wyatt: Well then the kids will have to come up with the money.
At this point Wyatt started pondering this dilemma out loud. It went like this:
Kids get money from grown-ups. Yeah, that's not going to work. He then announced to me that I would indeed have to keep working.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.