2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Taekwondo, Pal!

Today was a big day for Wyatt.  After asking about it many times, he finally got to test for his yellow belt.  Andy picked him up from class on Tuesday, and Wyatt excitedly showed him the invitation through the window.  We felt some sticker shock when we learned the test would set us back $75.00, and there was a small amount of stress over the fact that Wyatt was required to write an essay on how Taekwondo has helped him. 


trading out that old white belt

As part of the ceremony, the old belt gets thrown at the parents...nice, huh?

team cheer, at this point the Master told the kids that they chould celebrate with "steak" at McDonald's
 As we left the gym, Wyatt revealed that he was worried that he would have to spar.  He was genuinely surprised that he did not have to do that.
Success!
Our plan was to celebrate with Chinese food, but we were short on time, so Wyatt settled for Burger King.  He opted for apple slices instead of fries :) and an icee instead of a soft drink making it the most expensive fast food kid's meal I have ever bought.
I must explain the title.  Wyatt calls people, including me, "Pal" on occasion.

1 comment:

  1. i love it! my 15 yr old just started taekwondo and loves it. ;) wyatt looks terrific in action! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.