After hours of trying to get Zach's car to a shop last night, we finally called AAA and received a three hour wait time. It looks like he needs a new radiator.
I pulled laundry out of the washing machine today and discovered that Wyatt's and Julia's team swim suits were shredded. That's $100 down the drain. Neither child has worn one of these suits even 10 times. This is the second time this week that I have found shredded clothing in the washer. The last time it was a brand new exercise shirt (fortunately I found it on clearance and got it for $6, but I had only worn it twice) and a cheerleading shirt that a coach gave Julia as a gift at the end of the season. I don't trust my washer. I will be purchasing a new one today and saying goodbye to the front loader. I can't afford to keep losing clothes like this. It would be cheaper to get a new washer. This appliance is about four years old. My last washer lasted 15.
I think the roof we need will be waiting. UGH!
This is why I am usually reluctant to share good news. I feel like we have to be humbled or punished for something going right.
Update: Buying appliances is no fun. I spent lots of time reading reviews, ordered a washer, read more reviews, cancelled the washer, chatted online with a rep, read more reviews ordered another washer. Without any warning the second washer I ordered showed up the day after I placed the order. I received the call that the first washer I ordered would show up on the original delivery date. I told them I had cancelled the order. They still showed up with it, so we will see if it shows up on the credit card bill. I guess I could call and check the balance today to see if it is on there. However, I am happy with my washer so far. I went with a top loading washer with no agitator. Hopefully, it will live a long life and do no damage to our clothing.
Fortunately, Zach's car repair was inexpensive. It took me several days to get Dad's car back to him. We borrowed it because we could not make do with our few vehicles and our schedule this week. I lost my keys in the confusion of switching items from the van to Dad's car in preparation for the swim meet on Monday. I finally caved on Thursday and went to a locksmith for a couple of new van keys. I am so glad that my van keys do not have transponders, so I was able to have two keys cut for under $5. Of course my keys materialized that night. I am glad that I was forced to have new keys cut though. We now have a spare which will avoid some of the problems that led to the lost keys in the first place, and Savannah now has her own key which will help when she needs the van.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.