We left shortly after 6:00 this morning. Savannah had one hour of sleep last night as she tried to hang onto every moment. She was barely in the house ten minutes before asking what she could do with herself. She's been going non-stop for three weeks and wishes she had a week or two more. Friendships formed; goals were accomplished; and plenty of fun was had. I think she's ready for campus life, but Savannah has one more year of high school to complete.
Andy enjoyed a visit with his high school art teacher who was the art teacher for the program. Savannah's interdisciplinary studies teacher expressed how much she enjoyed Savannah and was impressed with Savannah's ability to express herself in writing. Her economics teacher listened with a twinkle in his eyes as Andy and Savannah shared her ACT success with his high school art teacher.
We stopped for a nice lunch and then enjoyed the beautiful view of this harbor. We really enjoyed this restaurant recommended by K's family and enjoyed having lunch with them.
I was exhausted and did not drive the last hour. As a result the little people did not get picked up from my dad's house. Zach is gone to get them, Hopefully, before everyone crashes, we can enjoy the celebratory dessert complete with a 34 in honor of Savannah's ACT score.
I hope she can find some fun this summer because I don't think Savannah will handle being bored well at this point. Of course I do have a window and some trim to paint...


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.