After having paint chips hanging on my wall for well over a month, I took the plunge this week and painted the dining room.
I was going for a subtle blue/gray. However, I found that when I put up the paint chips, the whole family liked a brighter color with more green in it than gray. My original intent was to take the paint and start on the kitchen which is in bad need of a new paint job, I am now reconsidering because much as I really like the blue in the dining room, I am not so sure I will like it as much in the kitchen.
I am all about wall prep when it comes to painting, so this was a lot of work. I still have to paint the chair rail, doors and baseboards-something I've never done because it intimidates me, but they really need it. I plan to wait several days because I know that I will have to tape off this paint job, and even with painter's take, I am reluctant to tape fresh paint. Honestly, it is apparent that the ceiling needs new paint too. I think we are getting a new roof, so the new flooring I've been wanting for years will have to wait a few more years, I'm afraid :(
happily saying goodbye to mustard yellow - it only took 8 years for me to decide on a new color
I found a very good helper and painter in Julia. Who knew?
One summer project down:
Now I need to purge the basement, and paint an outside window. I am pretty sure the window will be addressed before the basement. I am not willing to give up too many precious summer days for home projects. I need a little fun in my life, and so far, summer has been more busy than fun.
I will be sharing some really incredibly good news about Savannah soon. I am having a hard time keeping it to myself, but I will wait.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.