2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Monday nights in the summer


This is how we spend our Monday nights.  I wish I had a telephoto lens to capture the action better, but I am fairly pleased with the shots I got.

Julia swam her 25 free in under 17 seconds.  I think she would have done that in the last meet, but there was a false start.  Julia finished the race anyway and had to get out of the pool and redo it.  





This was Julia's relay.  She anchored the team and entered the pool half a body link behind another team and chased that girl down to bring her team a first place ribbon.  It was an exciting race that had the whole crowd going.


It is harder to photograph Wyatt because his age group mostly swims 50s, so he starts at the crowded end of the pool  Wyatt reached a PR in his backstroke and really shaved a lot of of time off of his seed time.

Hopefully, I can get some better shots of Wyatt later.  His favorite stroke is the breast, so maybe he will get a chance to swim that at a meet where I can get a good angle on the pool.



This week Monday night was lots of fun and brought success.  I love our summer swim team.  It's great people, great coaches, and fun for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.