We visited the zoo with Jonathan. He actually left to return some keys to Danielle, so Julia and I were on our own for a bit with Regan (4), Ira (3), and Isaac (23 months). It was hot and muggy at first, and these three kept us running.
I am grateful for editing software. The original of this photo was foggy, but I was able to clean it up some.
Capturing pictures of these three is a challenge.
I think this picture captures Ira well.
Regan is actually the hardest of the three to photograph. She does not hold still for long, and when she smiles, it's that big cheesy grin typical of kids her age. I can't believe that she will turn five and start kindergarten this fall.
This little man is an escape artist, and when he is on the move, he is fast. Future track star?
I will likely never forget the day that we visited the zoo, and I mistakenly thought the ropes course was only for the little kids. Julia burst into tears. She has wanted to do this since they built it a few years ago. I held off wanting Andy to be there, and honestly, we don't do extras like this because we watch the budget so carefully. It's one thing to pay for one child to do something like this but another if we have two or three interested. We returned home that day, and I realized my mistake, but we let our zoo pass lapse and did not get back to the zoo until this visit. Julia was excited to finally get to live her dream.
She was rockin' this course until thunder boomed and everyone was called down. We got our money back, and of course we have to return to give her another shot.
We got caught in the rain.
We ended our visit long past nap time with three tired and wet kids who never got their carousal ride
:(




No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.