2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, July 27, 2015

Coming Soon...

This weekend wore me out.  I spent about 12 hours photographing and typing out the words my maternal grandfather recorded in a pocket journal as he journeyed through France, Belgium, and Germany during WWII.  I learned so much, and holding that piece of history in my hands was amazing, but I was in a time crunch and very tired from the process.  When I was not working on that, I was searching through hundreds of pictures for good ones of my grandma.  

We spent about four and a half hours with a photographer on Saturday to capture Savannah's senior pictures, and I am anxious to share them as I know they will be amazing.

We buried my grandma today.

I took the girls to the park tonight where we played with my camera.  We put together the chalkboard below for Savannah's senior pictures, and by the time we got to that outfit we forgot about the chalkboard.  I was a little disappointed that we forgot even though I know we will be happy with the pictures regardless.  We did use it with another outfit but only used one side, so I decided to play tonight with my reflector and camera and one extra lens to see if I could get any decent shots.  These aren't great, but they will do.

Her senior pictures are coming very soon, and she had such fun, so we are very excited to see the product. Derrick easily took 2000 pictures, and this is why I am not a photographer.  On top of learning all the camera settings (I have a long way to go), I do not have the patience to sort through 2000 images to pull out the best ones.

I thanked my girls for helping me play.  Julia held the reflector so that we could get a nice glow on Savannah.  I can't say that Julia was thrilled to be of service, but she got the job done and figured out how cool it is to see the light reflect on Savannah's face even though the sun was actually behind her.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.