2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Vacation 2012 -Destination-Destin

Vacation 2012
21 people/ 1 house
the countdown

Dad 1
Tamara and Andy +4 kids =7
Tiffany and 2 kids = 10
Tara -11
Jonathan and Danielle and 2 kids = 15
Tessa- 16
John -17
Joshua -18
Susie and Eric and 1 kid =21

We arrived after a drive that was mostly uneventful.  Niceville, Florida has a very interesting little dead end turnabout which is apparently popular for most GPS systems.  This was not so nice, and it made me feel like I was in a Dr. Suess book.

We have a 1/2 mile walk to the beach and an outstandingly beautiful pool.

Arrival July 14:

Savannah and Wyatt have a goal to take a picture like this every day. Actually, Savannah has this goal, Wyatt not so much.

It's THE BEACH!!

July 15th


Who needs the pool?  A float can be fun in a living room.  Who knew?

Ira is getting so big and alert.  His biggest accomplishment...making it known that he prefers to be held.  We are happy to accomodate him.

Lesley and Julia are hitting it off just fine.

Zach has an additional 7 hours on his driving log. 


We've had pool time and beach time including the effort to dig a big hole.

Regan hated the beach last year.  She loves it this year.  WHOOT! WHOOT!

photogenic...keeping up with Speedy Gonzales does require some effort
2nd day, looks like Savannah is on track to make her goal

Picking up fistfuls of sand and dropping them on the beach is fun for every toddler.  I remember well when Savannah did the same thing.

Apparently, this is not just for toddlers.

Austin and Logan got buried.  So did Zach, Julia, and Lesley

A "hole" lot of fun.  Another little girl dug this hole with her dad, and our girls got to enjoy it when she left the beach.


Did I mention starting the day with the Donut Hole?   These may be the best donuts I have ever had.

More to come on vacation 2012....

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.