2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Picture Post

July 19, 2012

We started today with the beach. Storms loomed in the distance, and while my intention was to spend just a short time on the beach, the waves kicked up giving Julia a great opportunity to ride her boogie board. Wyatt joined the action with a tube, and we stayed for quite a while. 

Smiles!  That's what I'm talking about!  Clearly, they are having a blast!









We had a photographer scheduled for this evening, so we planned to visit a pier where dolphins play and then head for our session. Unforutnately, widespread storms caused our photographer to cancel. We raced to get ready and head to the beach to try and get our pictures before the storms. We got some great shots, but that elusive family shot did not happen as the wind really destroyed my hair in the only really good shot. Hopefully, we will have more success tomorrow. I am very disappointed about losing our session with professional but am trusting that God will grant us a great family picture here at the beach.
















I hoped our photographer would get a good shot of Andy and me as well as good pictures of each of us with Wyatt.  All of our other kids have professional shots of themselves with Andy and with me.



total opposites, and they get along very well













Our photographer...Joshua took the best picture we have ever had of our family, so I trust him with the camera.
We never made it to the pier.  We capped off the evening with an attempt at a date night.  Andy and I headed down the traffic laden strip.  We stopped at a restaurant overlooking a beautiful dock, found the menu to be pricey for a long wait and started back toward home.  

We ended up stopping at a huge strip mall where we feasted on soft crab sandwiches that were not what we expected.  Anticipating fried crab meat, we were surprised to receive actual crabs on toasted bread.  It was adventurous, and I can check it off of my list of things to do in life-no need for a repeat.  We ended the night with frozen yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.