For both of our adoptions we used CCAI. We did not know when we got started with them just how big they are. CCAI has been called the Cadillac of adoption agencies for Chinese adoption. When we adopted Julia, CCAI was processing adoptions exclusively with China. They have since picked up Haiti. The founders are Chinese natives who have seen some of the darkest places of poverty in China and were in no way prepared for the poverty in Haiti.
CCAI celebrates 20 years of placing children in families this year and will complete 10,000 adoptions by the end of the year. All CCAI families have been asked to complete a family scrapbook page to be given to Josh and Lily (the agency founders) in August. This is why a good family picture was so important to me this year. I have been planning this page for months and finally completed it today. I loved scrapbooking again, even if it was just one page.
If you can't read the text on the page, the "detes" (Julia's shortened version of "details") are below.
Under a picture of Julia from her orphanage and a recent picture of her, I have listed her Chinese name: Gang Chun Mei and her American name Julia ChunMei. I have also included her group number, 777.
Under Wyatt's pictures, I have also listed his Chinese name: Lu Han Jun and his American name, Wyatt HanJun (pronounced HanDreen). His group number is 1362
I also wrote part of the scripture that launched our journey to Wyatt.
By wisdom a house is built and by understanding it is established... Proverbs 24:3
Under the family picture, I just listed our names.
Now, hopefully, the post office will handle this with care, and the page will be among many to bless an amazing couple who sought to be missionaries to their native land through helping the lonely to be set into families.
Remember that you can view the picture in a larger format by clicking on it. I do not have a scanner big enough for a 12 X12 scrapbook page, so I actually photographed it. It is not as clear as the original page. I am very pleased with the final result.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.