2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, July 21, 2012

The Water's Great- Come On In!

Vacation 2012

Destin- Wednesday, July 18

Andy and I started our day with a trip to the Donut Hole. We purchased a dozen, yummy donuts.

We then went for a run.  I got my mile (including walking).  I stopped at the beach halfway through my run and declared that we would have a good, beach day.  Upon my return from the run, Savannah was up and ready to run.  Andy had completed three miles, but we both set out to do a mile with her.  Unfortunately, my shin was not cooperating, so I cut out very early.
As I predicted the water was fabulous -clear and cool.  I spent hours at the beach, in the water and then headed to the pool after a very late lunch.





Tara stated a couple of times that after spending time at the beach she doesn't get how anyone can see it and deny God.  Jonathan, Tara, and I are all convinced that we could live here.  The turquoise water today...beautiful.

We enjoyed some time with family.  Savannah has given up on pictures with Wyatt to take pictures with others.
Beautiful girls -Savannah and Lesley

Julia asked to hold Ira, and I think this is the first time she has done this.  She wanted to make sure that he was happy, so she rocked him from side to side.  Ira and I bonded today.  I worked on teaching him how to say "ooooh" which he did very well.  I tried to get him to say, "My Aunt Tamara loves me," but we have some work to do on that.

Regan is totally loving the sand, ocean and pool.  She begged to "go to the water."  Isn't she striking?

Fudpuckers/Gator Beach

The kids wanted their pictures taken with the gators at Fudpuckers.  Being the cool moms/aunts that Tiffany and I are, we obliged.  Joshua wanted to go as well.  Regan did not join us though I think she would have liked the alligator...the lengthy wait in line, not so much.

After the picture the kids got to ask lots of questions.  They were very good questions about the gender of the alligator, how long it is, what happens when they are too old to remain at Gator Beach etc. Julia stated that she was surprised by the questions that came out of her mouth.
Wyatt has been a bugger most of the day.  I think the combination of having the only people close to his age be girls who have become quite attached to each other and late nights has gotten to be too much.  He went to bed early tonight, and we anticipate a better day tomorrow.



Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!

After all of the gator pictures, Julia and Lesley asked for several pictures of the two of them.  I sent the others on to the gift shop while these two posed for multiple pictures.





-

Vacation Bucket List

dinner out with the whole family -check
a long day at the beach -check
Donut Hole -check
pictures of the family - pending and scheduled
a t-shirt to commemorate my trip -pending
getting a onseie for Ira that says "Are these really my relatives?"  - pending
walk on the beach at sunrise or sunset - pending
read latest People magazine- check

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.