2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, July 28, 2012

A busy return to normal life.

Upon our return for pick up, we were greeted with all this luggage.  While waiting for the campers to finish up the baptisms, Stacy and I loaded our children's luggage in the van.  Naturally, Wyatt's stuff was everywhere.  I still don't know if he brought everything home.

We just finished a very busy week here in the Page household.  Upon our return from Destin we had a very fast turn around to get Wyatt and Julia to church camp.  We got home at midnight on Saturday night and had to drop them off at camp on Sunday evening at 6:00.  In preparation for this, I had supplies ready to be quickly packed and most of their laundry came home from Destin already washed. What I didn't anticipate was the utter chaos of luggage all over the house, groceries all over the dining room, stuff that was hard to find etc.  Andy and I actually attended church on Sunday morning.  When I woke Savannah, she said she was too exhausted for church.  I knew then that I wasn't even going to try and wake Wyatt and Julia.  Savannah cannot stand to miss church.  She loves her small group and often goes all week in the summer without seeing any of her friends, so when she is too tired to attend, it is a BIG deal.
I was so tired, but I pushed through getting the little people ready for camp, and the reward was getting to take the 1 hour+ drive with a friend who I am just getting to know.  She's awesome, and we had terrific conversation along the way.
Unfortunately, I arrived at camp without a memory card for the camera, so I didn't get any pictures until pick up.

Both the kids had a blast and stated their desire to return next year.  Julia roomed with several friends from school and from church, so she was in great shape from the get-go.  Wyatt seemed uncertain at drop off.  Last year, Wyatt made a new friend immediately, but it took some coaxing this year.
My friend Sara took this picture.

and this one.


Wyatt was busy at pick up, so I only got this picture of him with his counselor.  Wyatt's counselor wants to join Wyatt for a Chinese meal, so I have his e-mail address to try and make that happen.



Camp this year for Wyatt was not as we expected.  We fully anticipated a call to let us know that he wanted to be baptized there.  I learned after the fact that Wyatt did not know how to make that happen, so it did not.  



Last year, Wyatt revealed to us that his camp counselors insisted that he quit wearing his Mario shirt.  I made sure to avoid that issue this year.  Camp runs from Sunday to Wednesday, and Wyatt had four Mario shirts with him this year.  He also had Mario sheets, a Mario hat, and a stuffed Yoshi.


When Wyatt loves something, he goes all in!


Once Wyatt and Julia were settled at camp, I spent most of Monday getting Savannah ready for field hockey camp.  She needed a couple of items, and we shopped all day Monday trying to find good deals with no success.  Tuesday morning found me driving Zach to school at 5:30 in the morning and returning at 7:15a.m. to drop Savannah off.  All of this was taking place while I was also dealing with a sick dog.  Lovely. Thus begins the race to the start of school.  Football and field hockey practices are in full swing.  Julia is pushing for tumbling classes, and soccer evaluations take place next week.  The house is a wreck, and I can't catch up, but I am anticipating so much fun cheering on my kids and their friends.  In all the chaos this week, I missed a much anticipated lunch out with friends, so the games will give me an opportunity to catch up with friends as well.
So blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.