2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

First Riding Lesson

Julia and Simon...honestly, I would take lessons too if I could.



It took months.  Julia asked repeatedly for riding lessons, and the budget just wasn't budging to make this possible.  After some searching I found a reasonably priced camp and submitted an application for Julia to attend.  Unfortunately, the camp was full.  For the price of our deposit, the farm owner offered to give Julia two private lessons.  Yesterday, she had her first.  I don't think it was as she expected.  While driving home I asked which she liked better, horseback riding or gymnastics.  After some thought Julia revealed that she likes gymnastics better and really misses the bars.  Honestly, I really miss watching her do gymnastics.  I miss the conversations with the parents, and I miss watching Julia's confidence on the apparatus and her interactions with the girls as they await their turn.  I don't, however, miss the expense nor the 12 hours a week of gym time.  Nor do I miss the hours at home while my youngest was away at the gym.  Julia doesn't really miss anything but the bars.  She is, however, surprised at how quickly her muscle memory has faded and that she can no longer do what used to come so naturally.

I don't know what we will do with this.  I do know that soccer season is just weeks away, and both my little people are looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.