2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Why don't you talk to people your own age?

Apparently the very existence of parents embarrasses Julia.  On Friday night she attended a football game with a friend and her family.  If not for Andy being willing to take her and pick her up, I would have landed in another cycle of multiple trips equating to an afternoon/evening of living in my van.  Anyway, it was a scrimmage, so Andy figured the game would be a short one. When Julia texted to say that the first two quarters had ended, he waited a few minutes and then headed out to pick her up.
Andy found her at the game and chatted with her and her friends briefly before deciding he had time to go pick up a couple of pizzas.  When he returned there was still plenty of time left on the clock.  He found Julia and her friends and began chatting with them again until Julia admonished him to go talk to people his own age.  Her friends did not see this as endearing.  God love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.