It's been weeks in the making, and because of lots of scheduling conflicts, it came late, but today we gathered family from four states and my mother-in-law's church family to celebrate her birthday - oh, and it was a surprise!
 |
| Andy came up with the idea of buying "milestone" birthday cards that added up to her age. He penned personalized messages for them, and then because she has the neatest handwriting in the family, Julia stayed up late last night writing them out. |
 |
| Somehow we got elected to bring flowers, and Andy thought I could just arrange them. Um, I lack a lot of creativity, and I am no florist. My mother-in-law is an artist who loves Georgia O'Keefe, so we were going for that sunflower look with a pop of color. The final result which is clearly not professional was the result of teamwork from Andy, Julia and me. |
 |
| My sister-in-law celebrated a decade birthday this month, so she got a cake too. |
 |
Everyone made it except Zach and Savannah. Back to school stuff kept them away.
Jean was truly surprised, and it was a great day of catching up with family. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.