2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, August 4, 2017

pressing pause on the vacation posts

I interrupt these vacation posts to bring you the following shameless ad:

Just sharing some of my Trades of Hope faves and a link to my compassionate entrepreneur's site.


Trades of Hope
The link above takes you to the site.



First a little history: Trades of Hope was born when a woman went to Haiti to adopt a little girl.  She would learn upon meeting her would-be daughter that the child had parents who wanted to keep her, but they were faced with the impossible choice of either watching their child die or giving her up in hopes that she would live. This was not only true for this child but for every child in the orphanage.  From there a social enterprise business was born.  Partnering with a friend, this woman launched a business training these moms to be artisans and offering them a fair trade income so that they could keep their children and break the cycle of poverty.  Now many countries have artisans working for Trades of Hope.  These artisans make more money than they would in their own countries and are paid what they request.  They also get to see the joy they bring to customers because they receive pictures when the company works with them.

I find this company to be so inspirational.  I have to dress professionally for my job, and I like finishing my look with jewelry, so the jewelry pieces are my favorites, but the company offers journals, scarves, home decor, and the fall line includes Christmas decorations and ornaments.


If nickel allergies are a concern, my understanding is that all of the products from India are nickel free.

Amina earrings - possibly my favorite purchase - so versatile

Pearls of Hope necklace - my Mother's Day gift from Andy and the kids.  

One thing I love about all of my necklaces from Trades of Hope is that they are all adjustable, so if I need to change them for the sake of the neckline on my blouses, I have that option.




Wish list : The names of the pieces are all live links, so you can click on them to see the product.


The Milo bracelet will look nice with my Amina earrings and a black tank that does not need a necklace.  

Love these!  They are from Kenya, just like my Amina earrings and similar in style.  I know I will get a lot of wear out of them.

I am a bag lady.  I have a Bible study tote to keep all my books, pens, bookmarks etc. together.  I have designated bags for various things.  Work bag, carry in the car with bills and such to address when sitting in carpool, or long practices bag,  to read bag-- you get the idea.  I love the look of this one and know I will find a good use for it  - thinking church bag.


I have to be very careful about my purses.  My everyday purse has to have straps short enough that I am not tempted to carry it on my shoulder because it causes too much strain on my neck.  However, I always have to have a cross body for those times when I need to be hands free.  Trip to the zoo with my nieces and nephews - cross body day. Trip to an amusement park - cross body day.  Hiking but needing to carry my phone, wallet etc.  -- cross body day.  This one looks like it will be easy to keep clean, durable and light - all requirements for those cross body days.


I love bold bracelets, and this has been on my wish list almost from the start.   It's one of those things where you go to a party thinking you know what you will get, but you get there and fall for something else, so I have not bought it yet.


I won't purchase my entire wish list at this time.  For the first time with Trades of Hope, however, I will purchase more than one item.  What do you think?  What must I make priority?

Of course I can't mention anything under consideration for gifts for upcoming birthdays and such.  Shh!


P.S. The party is over, but the company is alive and well if you want to place orders.  I received four of the items above, so I will share my thoughts.

Bayo earrings - love them!! So lightweight (of huge importance to me) and so pretty and versatile with the combination of silver splashed with a bit of gold, and they go nicely with the Milo bracelet, so I have some variety.

Milo bracelet -more understated than I expected.  I love it alone, but it can actually be worn with a second, complimentary bracelet.  Also very versatile with mixed silver, gold and black finishes.

Shoho cross body - not too big, not too small. I like that it has two inner pockets.  The more pockets the better in regard to totes and purses in my opinion.  I also like that it's neutral and will match anything.  It will be great for ball games and swim meets.

Dasah tote - a little on the big side for my purposes, but so much prettier than the picture.  It has three inside pockets which makes it way better than the tote I was carrying to church.  I carry a tote to hold my Bible, pens, notebook and contents of my purse instead of carrying a purse. I'm still old school.  I don't have an iPad for note taking or for reading the Bible while following along with the sermon or in class.  A tote protects these items on bad weather days and keeps everything simplified in one  place.  When at home I keep my church stuff in said tote and just pull out what I need daily for study and reading. That being said I like this tote well enough that I might consider another TOH tote design or another Dasah for work.  It would be nice to carry one bag into work holding my purse, lunch, whatever books I am reading for promotion and whatever papers have been procured from outside meetings.  I usually lug in my purse, lunch bag, and my drink separately and forget anything else I should take in for days at a time.  This tote may be a way to have one bag which would also make me less likely to forget anything if I pack it the night before or as things come up that need to go to work.  I would still have to carry my drink separately so that it does not spill in my bag, but everything else would fit.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.