2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Surf-vacation 2017

Play time!  

I noted on the first day that we needed this vacation for closure, to heal, to restore our souls, for family unity, for fun, and for great memories.  Some of those goals were met. Others were not.

After Mom died, Jonathan insisted that we needed to continue our family vacations or at least have one more.  He did the same this year after Dad died.  It was not lost on me that our vacation took us to the same location after each of those losses.  I would love to return again and again to these beaches along the gulf, but I don't want my returns to be preceded by losses.

Kallie is ready to go!  She never made it to the pool or the beach after this picture.  She crashed for a nap instead.

Crazy crew

Making friends with the natives.



Do spotted turtles go under water? Isaac wants to know.  

All of these kids wanted me to take them to the beach by myself.  YIKES!


We did not take all the kids - just five of them, and Andy helped me.











We really tried to get a good cousins picture.  You can see exactly how thrilled the older cousins were by this idea.  GRR!



When the sun goes down, it's either board game or pool time --or video game time - not gonna lie.







No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.