2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, December 1, 2014

If I Could Turn Back Time- Part 5

Wyatt - 6 years

This session was Wyatt's first one with the photographer.  He had been home for about six months and grasped just enough English to take instruction for pictures.  I remember how anxious Wyatt was to have his pictures on the walls of our home.  That meant he belonged.  While we awaited this session, I filled frames with snapshots.  However, Darwin is a master photographer (really, he has this rare credential), and I could never capture my kids the way he does.

This photo is similar to one I shared earlier of Julia.  Each of the kids has one of these on our dining room wall.  Other than Wyatt, they all had these taken at a year old.


Zach-16 years


This was Zach's last session before his senior pictures.  Our plan was to see this through for each of the kids until their 16th birthday and then return for senior pictures.  However, we have not recovered from the sluggish economy and extras like this had to be removed.  When we received the price list for senior pictures, we opted to take Zach in for tux pictures only.  We then had a friend take the rest of the pictures on location, and they were great, so we have no regrets other than not being able to complete the albums we started for the rest of the kids. We were members of the baby club, so we always got our sessions and photos at a discount, part of that included buying a special album. We received eight proofs from each session that had to go in the album.


Zachary - 9 years


Just look at that sweet face!!


Savannah - 15 years


The photo above is Savannah's all-time favorite photo of herself.  She says it makes her feel pretty.


This session was Savannah's last one at Darwin's.
 

Wyatt-10 years





This is Wyatt's last session, and possibly my favorite.  How GQ is this?  The photo above remains my favorite, and I only purchased one 10X14 per child out of all of these sessions.  This is the one I purchased for Wyatt.

 
Angie's hand written note on the file says, "too funny."  She said Wyatt talked constantly during his sessions.  He's a pretty funny kid, and I can only imagine.

More to come... 
All photos courtesy of Darwin's Photography


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.