The year Wyatt came home I bought a Gingerbread House Kit that Christmas. I think that may have been the first time we ever did one. Wyatt loved the holidays. As soon as his English was good enough, he asked every time we celebrated a holiday what the next one was and how long it would be until we celebrated it. Wyatt remembered our gingerbread house and has asked about them every year since thinking it was a tradition that we normally followed. We have done them off and on but have not been consistent. This year Andy picked up a kit for Wyatt's birthday celebration, but we never got around to doing it. I gave up doing my nails tonight to help the kids with this, but I can't complain.
In other family news, I have a new helper for the gift wrapping. Julia does a very nice job and loves doing it. She has finally learned to keep a secret, so I am doing very little wrapping this year. I have always loved wrapping presents, but I have to admit that the help is quite nice.
Family time is the best!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.