2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Monday, December 1, 2014

I interrupt these flashback posts....


I don't often see a resemblance between my mom and Savannah, but sometimes it just seems to be there somewhere - like when I pulled up this photo of Savannah.  I immediately thought of the photo of Mom above.  I see it most when Savannah's eyelashes are highlighted.  Mom had such insanely long eyelashes, and Savannah has them too. Mom's were darker and therefore more easy to see.

As I am typing this, Wyatt asks if the picture of Mom is me.  Julia asks if it is Tara.  When I ask Julia if she thinks Mom looks like Savannah, Julia's response is "Tara -it's the eyes."  The irony in Julia's statement is that my friend, Phyllis, insists that Tara and Savannah look alike.  Within the family, we have a harder time seeing that though I do think they are built very much alike.


After closer inspection, I think Savannah and Mom share a similar jawline.  They both have high foreheads, high cheekbones and big, light colored eyes (though Mom's were unmistakably blue and Savannah's are green) and the same eye structure, but their mouths and noses are completely different.
I will let you be the judge - here's Tara!  To be fair to Mom's picture and Savannah's, I converted these to black and white.


One significant difference between Tara and Mom and Savannah is that Tara's eyes are darker-- sapphire blue, like my Dad's.  

Remember that you can click on any picture to see it bigger.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.