2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, November 30, 2014

If I Could Turn Back Time- Part 4


Zachary - 11 years




Note that I do refer to him as Zachary for these older pictures.  We named him Zachary and called him Zachary until he decided that he would be known as Zach or Bonecrusher.  Both stuck and even I call him Zach now though I think I was the last hold out on that one.

Savannah - 10 years





I remember this session well.  You might notice that the boys are typically dressed for cooler weather while the girls are dressed for warmer weather.  The girls have spring and summer birthdays while the boys have fall and winter birthdays, and we always scheduled the sessions around their birthdays. For this one, however, we scheduled the session at least a month early.  Savannah was preparing to cut off all of her hair for Locks of Love.  She seriously considered shaving it in honor of her friend Dana who is a two-time cancer survivor.  I think Dana talked her out of it :)  Anyway, we wanted the pictures before the hair was gone, and in the end Savannah got an adorable haircut and donated 10 inches of hair to Locks of Love.  I did like that she was dressed for another season as well.  We tried really hard to wait for her braces to come off before doing 16 year old pictures.  As it turned out she received a free session with a talented photographer after her braces were removed.  Savannah loved that she wore fall clothes for that session, and she is so anxious to see the results.


Zachary - 12 years



This is one of my all-time favorites of Zach.  I remember distinctly that I had it on display at home, and one of his friends loved it.  My all-time favorite will not make the blog for some time as it is not in digital format, but I do hope to someday remedy that.

Julia - 3 years




Zachary - 10 years




Savannah - 9 years






photos courtesy of Darwin's Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.