2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Halloween


We were thrilled to be invited to a Halloween party with wonderful friends again this year.  They go all out, and it is a blast.  This year's theme was Once Upon a Time, and they went all out with a haunted garage and ghost story to go with it.  

Wyatt insisted on not dressing up this year. Since he's so cute anyway and charming too, I just dubbed him Prince Charming.

The kids don't have to go with the party theme, and Julia fell for this hot dog costume a few weeks ago for a another party.  Hot diggity dog!  Savannah was invited to a party thrown by a new classmate.  His parents happen to be old friends of ours, so I went to pick her up an hour early to catch up with his mom and loved getting to do that.

Anna from Frozen seemed the obvious choice for Savannah.  She insisted that a store-bought costume is both a waste of money and no fun, so she bought the skirt and hand-painted a tank top to look like Anna's vest and was simply adorable.  We tried to get the Anna pose with this picture but had to redo it because you could not see the "embroidery" on the vest.  However, I love this shot.  It was my favorite of all the pictures taken that night.



Andy came up with his costume idea that day.  He went as Prince Eric while I went as Belle.  Yes, we do know that Eric is Ariel's prince while Belle learned to love the beast from the inside out.


We had good, clean fun and made new friends while catching up with old ones.  We don't get into the ghosts, ghouls, and evil celebrated on Halloween, but we are happy to celebrate friendship and enjoyed that very much this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.