2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

She passed!


After three attempts to schedule the test (government bureaucracy at its finest), Savannah finally took her road test today.  She passed.  Savannah does not rattle easily over tests, and that's a good thing since her instructor showed up at our house instead of school to take her to the test.  Their shortened time together meant very little pre-test practice.  

This experience differed for her from Zach's.  Zach gave up his learner's permit and received his actual license on the day he took his road test.  His license had a sticker on it to indicate that it was a restricted license.  That sticker was removed six months later at the County Clerk's office.  Savannah kept her learner's permit, and the sticker was placed on it which makes more sense.  I guess she will get her new card indicating that she is fully licensed in six months - if she doesn't blow it and have to start over from scratch.  While free to drive on her own, Savannah must live with some restrictions for the next six months.  She cannot drive from midnight until 6:00 a.m., and she cannot drive with more than one non-family member in the car.

I took her out to celebrate with dessert from a local ice cream and bakery shop.  I thought she would be more excited, but her excitement over passing the road test was dampened by a very difficult physics test today.  Andy and I lost some of our joy in the occasion when he added her to our car insurance -- a big drain on our income.  Yikes!

Savannah enjoyed cookies 'n' creme cheesecake while I enjoyed one of the best desserts known to man - pecan pie with chocolate chips.  I also celebrated the fact that for the first time in a couple of weeks, I came home from work and did not take pain medication.  I still have pain, but it has been bearable today.  It's worse in the morning and improves gradually throughout the day.  I know I will likely take something before I go to bed, but one small victory gives me hope that this may soon be behind me (that may or may not be a pun).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.