Under duress, our photographer has had to close his business. We received the opportunity to purchase our files at an amazing rate because they would be destroyed otherwise. When first approached about this opportunity, I knew I could not afford it, but Angie was so gracious to work with me. I never shared the photos before because I feel strongly about honoring the photographer's rights, but we now have permission. We built a great friendship with the staff over the years and are so saddened that things are ending this way. Darwin's love of photography has not stopped. His daughter is a photographer, and he will continue his work with her. He just won't have a studio any longer. His assistant, Angie, possesses great talent, and we pray for the paths that God has in store for these wonderful people.
I remember our first session. I walked into that studio with a sleeping three-month-old Zach in my arms. He would not budge. Darwin was patient, and we ultimately decided to reschedule. My mom returned with Zach for a morning session. Four years later the staff delighted in Savannah when she showed up with a fun hat for her session. Julia shocked them when she lifted a heavy prop at two years old, and Wyatt would not put down his video game while they changed the background for one of his sessions.
I still want to back up these files, so I will do that through Snapfish and Nation's Lab. I will house the disks at someplace away from home after backing all of these up online. I am not sure if that will be a relative's house, or if I will try and fit them in a safe deposit box. I am not sharing these in any particular order. I am just pulling out what is on top in the bag. I may reorganize later.
Julia - 18 months
I am finding that this is taking much longer than expected, so this will be a long project.
Julia - 7 years
Savannah - 8 years
Julia -2 years
This is the heavy prop Julia lifted during this session.
Savannah -13 years
You were beginning to think I never had the boys photographed, weren't you?
Wyatt - 8 years
Zach - 15 years
Julia - 6 years
All Photos courtesy of Darwin's Photography


















No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.