2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Track Banquet

While I was sipping raspberry tea, and Julia was turning her nose up at tea, the rest of the family attended the track banquet.

Savannah enjoyed the track season.  The girls on the team are so sweet and embrace each other so well. Savannah's coaches shared that she smiles constantly.  They have video and photographic proof that Savannah does indeed smile continuously while running.



Zach had the opportunity to speak about the throwing coach, and he did a nice job of sharing how Coach Hat is always there for everyone, and he is so generous.  Coach Hat is the recruiter for the team.   
Zach and Coach Dixon.

Savannah received her first varsity letter.  She started field hockey last year hungry to get some time playing for varsity and willing to put in the work it took for that.  Unfortunately, she was completely ignored by her coach and treated as if she was not a part of the team.  It was nice to see her receive this letter from coaches who truly care and for a sport that she has come to enjoy even if she doesn't love it as much as field hockey.

Savannah also made the alternate team for the state meet.  She is less than thrilled about this and really does not want to go.  She doubts she will participate in the meet, and going means that she misses Zach's senior walkout.  Zach and Savannah are different as night and day, but they have each other's backs and are crazy about each other.  I have been so blessed that the teen years for them have not been days of slamming doors and fighting.  Instead, they encourage each other continuously.  So blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.