What a special night we had tonight. I had never attended a baccalaureate. The speakers were engaging, encouraging, and convicting.
The music was lovely.
A video showed the prayers of possibly every high school staff member for this class.
It was simple and beautiful.
I loved it and feel so blessed to have been there.
We then enjoyed going out for a late snack/meal with Trevor's family -awesome fellowship.
It just does not get any better.
| Trevor and Zach entered together. |
| Except for Alex, all of these guys have been together since elementary school. Alex, Christopher, Zach, Matthew, Blake |
| doing the Bonecrusher |
| cool dudes |
| a friendship that has spanned many years |
Mrs. R is loved by so many of these kids. She took a job at the school because she had an hour drive each way to drop off her son. What she did was actually start a ministry. It was in her room that kids celebrated successes, family events, and life. It was in her room that kids sought advice, welcomed free hugs, and worked through the challenges of teenage friendships.
She spoke tonight, and Julia fell instantly in love with her. Julia leaned over and said she is just like my teacher. I want her to be here for my high school years. Mrs. R's son graduates this year with Zach (he is Alex- pictured above). She is leaving the school as the hour commute will no longer be necessary. Oh she will be so missed.
| Trevor and Mrs. R. |
Hanging on to every minute...

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.