2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, May 23, 2014

Flashback Friday


Today is Zach's last day of 12th grade.

These pictures are from kindergarten.


This page reads as follows: Zachary started kindergarten in August of 2001. He was excited and nervous about going to "big school." However, he quickly adjusted and went to school without complaints.  His class was small with only eleven students.  He started school with a loose tooth, and it was soon removed along with the tooth next to it by the dentist.  His permanent teeth were coming in behind his baby teeth, and they weren't pushing out the baby teeth.


I was not able to take Zachary to school on his first day.  Nor was I able to attend orientation, but it was exciting to see how quickly he learned.  Zachary spent the summer anxiously anticipating learning to read.  Once school started, Miss Gray used a letter of the week to teach the alphabet, and Zachary couldn't wait to get to "C", so he could add the word "cheetah" to the class list.


first school picture - chapel dress


Since that first day, Zach has become an avid reader.  He loves history, particularly WWII.  His first year of school was nothing short of amazing.  He enjoyed great classmates who were backed by fabulous families along with a fabulous teacher.  If that year had not been simply phenomenal, we may not have fought so hard to stay with the school.  13 years later it truly seems like yesterday was the first time we visited that tiny campus.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.