2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Last C-Group


 We had a beautiful night to celebrate Zach's last small group meeting.  This group of seniors started meeting in our home when they were freshmen and have been meeting weekly since then.  Over the last four years, new boys have joined the group, and we have grown close to the families.

Andy co-led the group.  For the last meeting, he handed out trinkets from his own memory box that represented the boys well.



When the boys came to the group, one of them was disappointed that we had no girls.  We had leaders in place for girls but no girls.  This particular boy said he would not be able to stay in the group without girls.  Andy told him that the boys would have to bring the girls because it would be creepy for a middle-aged man to invite teenage girls to his home.  The girls never came, but the boy who did not think he could stay without them did stay.  Over the years the boys formed a band, welcomed a member who was new to our town, got jobs, served, attended swim parties, baseball games and at least one annual family cookout.  Now they are all going separate ways.  I don't think any of them are attending the same college. Another last as we prepare to launch these young adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.