The story of prom night 2014
The promposal:
Zach works at a sandwich shop, and his date is a Korean exchange student. He dressed in his uniform and took a box from the restaurant, so he was dressed as if he was making a delivery. In the box, he had two bouquets of flowers, a stuffed bear, and a couple of bags of chocolate (the good stuff). He also included a note written in Korean asking her to prom. The note actually asked her to a graduation party, but she understood :) He took this to her door which I really appreciated. So many of these dance proposals are public and over the top putting the girl on the spot and making it extra awkward for everyone if she does not want to go.
Zach asked before spring break, but I waited to share until after the prom.
Prom Night
We met at the home of one of Zach's friends and then headed to Peyton's grandma's house for pictures. My kids never stand in line for pictures at a dance, and Mi Sun indicated that she did not want pictures from the dance since they would have plenty from before. Zach wanted them, so I told him to pull the mom card and tell her I insisted. They ended up not getting them:( We hired a pro to take the pictures prior to the dance, so I will upload the good photos later this week when we get them.
| a really nice looking couple Zach also took chocolates to Mi Sun on prom night. Gifts are his love language. |
| the whole group |
| love this one |
| possibly my favorite This is a group of great guys. |
![]() |
| Mi Sun and Morgan Morgan was in kindergarten with Zach, and her mom was his first grade teacher and Savannah's first grade teacher. |
After the prom the kids returned to Peyton's house and a few others joined them for a midnight breakfast and a movie. They watched Frozen, and interestingly enough, our football teams's quarterback knew every one of the songs and sang along. We are all laughing over that since he is the oldest of five boys. I don't think prom was all it was cracked up to be for Zach, but he had a nice enough time. He didn't get much time with his best buddy because they actually have dinner at the prom, and Trevor was on the other side of the room.
Next up: Zach's senior awards night followed by his ceremonial signing for college football. May is crazy busy here. I am glad that I get a year off before I have another senior. Savannah is in the process of choosing her senior ring, so it all starts again so very soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.