On Saturday, Andy completed his first marathon. His hamstring gave out the week prior, and he fought hard to finish that race and still receive a medal for his effort. Andy's dad was training for this marathon when he was struck by a car and killed 12 years ago. Andy wanted to do this to honor his dad and had no intention of training for another marathon. However, his injury has left him wondering if he should revisit this idea and see how he can do with better training.
While he completed the marathon, I walked our city's mini-marathon. The first five miles were fine. I hit a wall in the 5th mile, recovered some in the 7th and fought through the last several. While I awaited Andy's finish, I laid on the grass dozing on and off. I thought I had taken on more than I could chew. However, by the end of the night, it was clear that I had contracted the stomach virus that had recently visited Zach and Julia. In fact, Zach was still fighting it on Saturday after three days off of school recovering. So, Easter found me bed-ridden. Andy was hobbling around in much pain, and we really had not played Easter bunny nor visited the resurrection story at all.
Savannah came to the rescue and set up the clues for the basket scavenger hunt. She shows no mercy. Savannah gave them scripture references, and they had to look up the actual scriptures and then figure out the key word to find the next clue. I saw none if it. I have no clue whether she had to offer hints, but the baskets somehow were discovered. The day was beautiful, and the family then gathered at my parents' house for Easter dinner. I slept through all of it, stayed home from work yesterday, and while I returned today, I still needed a nap upon my arrival at home. I am not quite 100% but am getting there, I think.
Regardless, He is Risen!! Our hope is in that.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.