In keeping with a tradition started with Zach, I placed a sign outside the school today to announce Savannah's upcoming birthday. Zach even reminded me himself to do this for her, but he is on his senior trip and did not get to see it for himself. My second-born has not been neglected:) I am glad, however, that after I snuck out of the house early this morning to place the sign, I texted her with a picture of it. Otherwise, she would have missed it.
She has two special and important tests facing her in the next week. Will you pray for her? Please pray also for Julia. She has been sick the last two days. Julia really tried to fight through a special event she wanted to see tonight, but it was really rough for her. We left the program often and at one point, she fell sound asleep. She is better than yesterday but definitely not well.
Tomorrow we will begin celebrating. Savannah is having a few friends over to stay the night. We really tried to come up with a worthy theme and finally decided to play on "sweet" sixteen with a sweet bar. Now I am wondering if we have enough sweets while stressing over housecleaning and preparations. Hopefully, in the end, we will all have a fabulous time celebrating a girl who really shines.
4/22/2013 - update on Savannah's tests
She took the ACT just days after this original post. We learned just yesterday that she earned a 28. We are thrilled! I teased her a bit and said I would come up with a fitting punishment for not making a 30, but she is a sophomore, and she has time to raise that score. Even so, she met every benchmark and is on track for a successful college experience.
Just under a week after completing the ACT, Savannah took her test for her learner's permit. She passed and started driving lessons with Andy that very day.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.