Julia has an upcoming program at school where she is required to wear all black. As you may have guessed, black is not a prominent color in Julia's wardrobe and especially not during the spring. If it were as simple as jeans and a t-shirt, we would only have needed a shirt. However, it has to be dressy and can't be sleeveless. Have you seen a dress in the girl's department lately? Almost all of them are sleeveless. We needed a shopping trip to purchase the whole outfit including the shoes. That is one of my gripes with a private school. You get roped into purchases you neither want nor will use again, and the staff doesn't seem to get that right now I have two children needing shoes, and they will not be getting them for a while. I have never had to do such things for Wyatt, and I can appreciate that about a public school education. Anyway, I digress. We stopped in Payless after piecing together an outfit where some pieces may get additional use, others likely will not. We were not having any luck in the children's shoes, so the clerk told us that Julia could wear a size 5 in women's.
Julia's went right to the 4 inch heels and stated, "that means I can wear these!" She was thrilled and had to try on a couple of pairs. She has let me know multiple times that she wants the shoes she is wearing in the second picture for her birthday, only she wants them in blue. Really?! She seems totally perplexed that I will not let her wear those. Oh my!
I finally asked her what ten-year-old she has seen wearing four inch heels. She pondered this briefly then announced, "well, I could be the first!" Right.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.