Our city sponsors an annual balloon race, and it has to be my favorite event. The night before the race, the community is invited to a balloon glow, and the balloons are lit up just after sundown. This race and glow work when the weather cooperates, so some years are better than others. This year we had beautiful weather for the events. However, my children did not want to attend either. I should have phoned a friend, but Julia wore me out at the mall last night, so I did not attend the glow.
Getting up for the sunrise race on a Saturday morning is tough, but I saw the opportunity to play with the manual mode on my camera for some cool pics. Wyatt and Julia agreed to attend the race with me, so I set an early alarm for my household of people who love, love, love sleeping in on Saturday morning. Wyatt and Savannah are our early risers. Savannah is currently enjoying New York City with the school music program. Wyatt actually gets up early on Saturday mornings so that he does not miss his favorite cartoons. Alas, the morning arrived, and Julia barely budged. She asked me to make this a mother/son event and went right back to sleep.
Wyatt and I forged ahead, and while I know he joined me in order to humor me, he really loved the balloons and thought they were beautiful. You get to watch them take off just feet away from you, so it really is a lot of fun.
Wyatt's reward for that early wake up call so that I would not have to go alone- breakfast at McDonald's. If it involves food, Wyatt usually can be convinced to participate.





No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.