Julia's cheerleading banquet was held tonight, and we put another sports' season to rest. Her coaches gave her the award for best flexibility and jumps. They related to us that she has a secure future in cheerleading as her jumps are big, and she is athletic. She is tiny and strong - no surprise to us. Julia is losing some of the strength that characterized her early years, but she does push ups like no other girl I've seen. Julia told her coaches that she likes the gymnastics but does not like competing.
Julia's coaches are moving up to middle school cheerleading coaching as their daughters are moving up. They seem confident that Julia will have a spot on that team when she gets there. They have shared with us that Julia's maturity and leadership really developed this year. These ladies are so sweet. They work to make sure that every girl is highlighted at some time during the floor cheers. Out of their own pockets, they designed cheerleading t-shirts for the girls and presented them at the banquet. We will really miss them but hope to reconnect in middle school.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.