Jen and Bill traveled to India to adopt their beautiful daughter. I have not really followed this couple though I've caught enough episodes to know they struggled with infertility and that Jen is a neat freak. I watched the adoption journey to Will because that vicarious journey to China brings back such fond memories for me.
I did tune in last night to watch the journey to India and was struck by two things in that episode. Zoey reminded me of Julia. Her pain of separation from all that she knew was immediate and intense. My heart broke for her. Adoption has been tugging at my heart lately, and I watched Zoey suffer and thought I could not do that again. It is so hard.
However, Bill said something at the end of the episode that struck me. He said, "These are our children. We pursued them." That reminded me of this post from over three years ago:
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.