Today brought us another snow day, and I realized just how tired I am when I slept until 9:00 after falling asleep before the Olympics coverage ended last night. I am a big fan of the Olympics, so I don't like to miss it.
 |
| Today also ended 14 days of placing these on everyone's doors. I think I am the only one who cared about this project. |
 |
Julia stayed home from school sick yesterday, so she missed her Valentine's party. As a result I spent the afternoon chasing down the balloons that were to be delivered to her. This was a senior class fund raiser and finding her balloons was difficult because she has a brother who is a senior. Her teacher tried to send them back to him, but he was at home taking care of Julia. Messages got missed and paths didn't cross, so I was on a chase but knew she would be so disappointed to miss out on this tradition. She was so upset to be sick for it.
Neither Andy nor I could miss the day at work, so Andy went in late, and Zach spent most of the day with Julia. He rented movies for her and brought her chocolates because Zach's love language is gifts, and that's the way he rolls. |
 |
| After a stroll through the mall, we decided to buy chocolate covered strawberries from Godiva for the kids. Unfortunately, the store had sold out of the reasonably priced ones, and the jump from $12 to $48 was too steep. So we picked up strawberries from a fresh market, bought a really good brand of candy melts and made our own. Easy and successful - they were enjoyed so much that we will do this again. |
 |
| After reading photography tips for snow pictures, I was reminded that snowy pictures make for really good black and white photos, so I revisited some of the pictures from the park to change them to black and white. |
Happy Valentine's Day! Enjoy this day of love. If you don't have a special someone, don't let that deter you. Get yourself a glass of wine and a box of chocolates. Relax and enjoy.
Remember that we love because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19
No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.