2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, February 7, 2014

Flashback Friday

I am going way back on this one.

While cleaning out the basement for the new dryer (our attempt to not look like hoarders- sad but true because some of us who shall remain nameless are actually hoarders), Andy came across an old album of pictures from our trip to Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon in June of 1994.  This trip may have changed the course of history for us.  Andy was a brand new college grad and had to wait until we completed this trip, which was planned for many months, before applying for jobs.  By the time he was able to put his resumes out there, he had pretty much decided not to pursue employment in his field which was print journalism.  He landed a job with the company where he continues to work to this day.

After visiting the Grand Canyon, I kind of felt like the Grizwalds on Vacation.  I saw it.  It was cool.  Check it off the bucket list.  However, after reviewing these pictures (believe me the actual prints are much more amazing than the scanned versions), I want to return.  I want to take the kids and go to the bottom and camp over night.  Andy and I always have had a love of travel and desire to do so, but we have made choices for our family that make travel a very rare treat.  This is the kind of trip that would be a dream come true for Wyatt.

married just under a year at this point

my parents


I know what you are thinking.  "It's gonna take a while to unsee that."  I couldn't resist.



majestic

All the kids includingAndy.

Jonathan, Andy, Tessa, Tara, me, Joshua, and Tiffany


a young Joshua

Jonathan and Andy (always an adventurous duo) walked to the bottom of the Canyon and back up to the top in one day - a very hot day, I might add.


They dipped their heads in the Colorado River.

Isn't he cool?!  He has always thought so.

Amazing!

Tiffany and Tara

My mom would have been approximately my age at the time of this trip.  It is hard to wrap my head around having a married child with a college degree at this point in life.

all my siblings and me except for Jonathan who was on his way to the bottom of the Canyon at this point
Tamara, Tessa, Tiffany, Tara, and Joshua

the girls!
Tessa, Tiffany, Tara, and me

Andy slipped away for a shower immediately after his adventure to the bottom of the Canyon and back, but Jonathan did not escape the "after" picture.

so pretty

Ah, to dream again…maybe someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.