2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Friday, February 7, 2014

An Enchanted Evening



Andy and Julia enjoyed the Father/ Daughter dance tonight.  The theme - An Enchanted Evening.  Preparations for the dance started weeks ago with the purchase of a dress from ebay. Unfortunately, the dress arrived and was too small.  We opted to shop around and found a great deal on this dress with a whole different look from Kohl's.  We had already purchased shoes to match the original dress and had to purchase another pair to match this one.  So, two dresses and pairs of shoes later...

Tiffany did her hair and kept saying she looked Spanish, so Julia struck a Spanish pose.

showing off the layered dress
She had sparkle, and I was thrilled to get her in red.  Julia looks good in it, but her favorite team wears blue, and they have a big rivalry with a team that wears red, so she does not embrace it.


Savannah had her hair done by Tiffany for her fifth grade dance.  She did not insist on doing it yearly.  Julia, on the other hand, has only had her hair done with my very limited skills twice.  She would probably insist on a manicure too if she thought she could get away with it.

The hairdo consisted of an intricate braid with a small bun.

Andy met us at the restaurant.


P31 girls and their dads at California Pizza Kitchen - yum!  This group of girls all participate in a mother/daughter Bible study on Sunday afternoons.  It is based on Proverbs 31 and is a great study. 

dancing the night away

look closely - she is indeed on her feet

silly trio

so pretty--These two girls stayed the night.  Sadly, S' (left) dad came down with the flu the day before the dance and could not attend.  I hope she still had a blast. They were so easy and really enjoyed watching the opening ceremonies for the Olympics.

This makes 11 years straight for Andy.  I really should dig out the pictures for every year and share them.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.