2 Warriors, 2 Princesses, and My Life as Their Mom

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Frozen

On Thursday afternoon I drove home from work and marveled at a winter wonderland.  The ice storm that hit us Tuesday night created a beautiful glass-like coating on the trees.  Combined with the shining sun, prisms of light against the white backdrop of snow were everywhere.  I was itching to go to a park with my camera in hand and take lots of pictures.  Our winter has been unprecedented.  We missed the first two days of school back from Christmas break because of the wind chill.  Yes, the wind chill made it too cold for kiddos to stand at bus stops and everyone was warned to stay indoors.  However, as snow and ice left our streets slippery causing multiple delays and weather days for school, the school board got over the low wind chill and stopped canceling school for it.

This week we missed Monday and Wednesday.  We were sent home early on Tuesday. Because the roads were iffy, I missed Jazzercise all week.  So Thursday arrives, and I am surrounded by this amazing beauty.  I opted to attend Jazzercise rather than take pictures in the park.  Yesterday, I was busy getting Julia ready for the dance.  Today, I finally made it to the park with my camera in hand, and I got some fun shots, but I really missed an opportunity on Thursday - by the way, when I bemoaned the predicament of being torn between Jazzercise and photography, Julia commented that I will get another chance at photography next week.  She may just be right. Out of the mouths of babes.

Savannah grabbed a camera too and took to the park.  Her artistic eye is better than mine.  I will share my pictures first, then hers.










Savannah's pictures 

She took about 120.  I think I took around 40.












She took a selfie with a camera.  I love it, and this is not easy to do without a reverse lens.






This opportunity afforded Savannah an opportunity to play with the camera she will take to NYC on her school trip this spring.  I think she has caught my bug.

It was cold, and I am a fair weather girl, but it was also fun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.