We ended football season on Friday night and rung in basketball on Saturday afternoon. Actually, basketball was supposed to start last week, but snow cancelled the first game.
Andy thinks Julia would make a good point guard, and she loves basketball probably more than any other competitive sport. However, she always chooses cheerleading over basketball though it is always a tough choice for her. It's too bad that they have to occur in the same season. If only she could cheer at football games and then play basketball. I remember when she was a preschooler watching the cheerleaders at one of Zach's football games. She wanted to do that. She loves the stunts!
It is fun to watch Julia cheer because she gets so drawn into the game. She loves basketball and understands what is happening on the court, so she is becoming a leader on the cheerleading team. Andy goes to watch her cheer, but he always gets drawn into the game.
Julia's biggest disappointment this year in cheerleading was learning that no matter which team she cheers, she will be cheering for one of the boys in her class -- so glad she still finds boys annoying:)

No comments:
Post a Comment
I welcome comments, but because I am a high school teacher, I do check them before they are posted.